As an Employee benefit of Green Mountain Support Services, they have provided you with membership with The National Alliance for Direct Support Professionals!
NADSP continues to make great strides in improving the knowledge, skills and values of our nation’s direct support workforce.
We are proud to offer many exciting membership benefits designed to engage direct support professionals in advanced training, sharing cutting edge information and building career ladder opportunities through our national certification program.
Two years ago, we launched “The NADSP Learning Annex.” to serve as a value added benefit to our members with free access to a year-long series of webinars for direct support professionals and frontline supervisors. These incredible learning opportunities are free to members and will focus on meaningful topics like using person-first language, creating a “drama-free’ workplace, dealing with loss, working with families, the Power of Attitude and so much more. The webinars are facilitated by some of the nation’s best adult educators. In 2016 we launched a second series of webinars in collaboration with Dave Hingsburger and Vita Community Living Services in Toronto, Canada, called “Let’s Talk” that uses a conversational method with different authors of the International Journal for Direct Support Professionals: “Service, Support Success.”
You are able to view recorded webinars via Dropbox. In order to view the complete webinar you will need to download the recording. The first 15 minutes is viewable via streaming. Please save this link, as you will be able to view additional Learning Annex and Let’s Talk webinar recordings.
In addition to all the above new membership benefits, members will continue to receive:
* Electronic delivery of the latest news and best practices in Direct Support in our publications like the Frontline Initiative and E-Flash to your direct support professionals.
* Your organization website link will be listed on our newly redesigned website.
* You will receive member only discounts to attend our third annual conference in 2017.
* Exclusive “Call for Participation” opportunity. You will have the exclusive opportunity to submit a topic for our Annual Conference’s Networking Neighborhood. A select number of submissions will be selected to host a Networking Neighborhood session during our 2017 conference. (Conference registration is offered at the discounted member rate – all travel expenses are the responsibility of the presenter)
* Coming soon – Member only section of NADSP website – view past webinars, download COE screensaver, read past issues of the Frontline Initiative, online calendar of NADSP events and webinars.
* Support an organization that supports DSPs
The NADSP is on the frontlines of creating a skilled and ethical direct support workforce and we are proud to have you as a member, together direct support professionals, people with disabilities, family members and provider organizations are making a world of difference in people’s lives. Please contact me should you have any questions.